DEADLINE is March 5th!
2011 INTERNATIONAL FAMILIES SUPPORTING ADOPTION CONFERENCE CALL FOR PROPOSALS!
The National Families Supporting Adoption Council is excited to announce its 2011 International FSA Conference to be held in Layton, Utah (just outside of Salt Lake City, UT), August 12-13, 2011. Every year at FSA’s annual conference, adoptive parents, birth parents and adoption professionals learn what is happening at the forefront of adoption. In recent years, we have added educational tracks for birth parents and their families with the unique opportunity to learn about the adoption process and receive support.
The National Families Supporting Adoption Council is committed to producing educational conferences of the highest caliber. We invite you to join us in delivering a learning experience that advances adoption education and improves people’s experiences with adoption.
We are now accepting proposals for breakout session presenters. We encourage innovative and creative presentations that help prospective adoptive parents, birth parents, professionals, and advocates gain skills and knowledge. The deadline to submit your proposal is Friday, March 5, 2011.
Please include the following in your proposal (complete attached form):
1. Presenter name(s)
2. Presentation title
3. Presentation topic (choose from list of topics below)
4. Target audience (adoption professionals, birth parents, prospective adoptive parents)
5. Summary and outline of your topic (include learning objectives and proposed outcomes)
6. Presentation format (discussion, lecture, interactive, etc.)
7. Length of presentation (option of 1 or 2 hour block)
Below is a list of topics from which to choose when describing the type of presentation you are proposing. Pick the topic(s) that best fits your presentation:
1. Birth Parent Grief and Loss
2. Adoption Ethics
3. Adoptive & Foster Parent Support
4. Advocacy and Public Policy
5. Birthparent Support
6. Disruption Prevention
7. Domestic Adoption
8. Foster Care
9. Intercountry Adoption
10. Legislative Issues Impacting Adoption
11. Parenting Children with Special Needs
12. Post-Adoption Services
13. Public vs. Private Adoption
14. Race, Culture, and Diversity in Adoption
15. Trauma Informed Care
Proposals will be evaluated by FSA’s Conference Committee on the following criteria:
1. Relevance of proposed session to the description of one or more conference topics.
2. Clarity and relevance of learning objectives.
Proposals should be emailed or mailed no later than Friday, March 5, 2011 to:
Families Supporting Adoption Conference
Attn: Angie Rhodes